ASSE to Host Construction Safety Symposium in New Orleans This Fall
By Business Wire News
By Business Wire News
PARK RIDGE, Ill.
The American Society of Safety Engineers (ASSE) is hosting a two-day Construction Safety Symposium featuring industry experts discussing the latest safety practices, innovation and risk management thinking from November 12-13, 2015 in New Orleans.
“We’ve assembled a top-notch group of speakers to share their expertise on fall prevention, OSHA’s new confined spaces standard, risk assessment and prevention through design,” said Trudy Goldman, ASSE Manager of Education and Program Development. “We want participants to gain important knowledge they can apply and share with their colleagues.”
Registration for the symposium is available at http://symposia.asse.org/
The symposium’s keynote presentation will be given by members of the BlackOps U.S. Navy SEALS entitled, “Flawless Execution: Always the Goal!” Other presenters include:
- Thomas Kramer, P.E., CSP, will share powerful solutions on fall prevention
- Gary Lopez, CSP, will discuss the new confined space standard
- NIOSH’s Michael Flynn, MA, will present a model of loss reduction for at-risk work groups
- NIOSH’s Dr. Christine Branche will offer how to develop a successful Safety Stand-Down
- A host of experts, including Deborah Grubbe, PE, CEng, Co-Chair, NAC Safety Committee/President will provide expertise on the most critical topics in construction safety management including risk assessment and prevention through design
The symposium also offers participant a chance to earn 1.3 continuing education credits.
“With all the changes taking place in the construction industry, we wanted this symposium to give anyone affiliated in this field a chance to learn the best practices around these timely subjects,” Goldman said.
Founded in 1911, the Park Ridge, Illinois-based ASSE has more than 37,000 occupational safety, health and environmental professional members from around the globe who lead, manage, supervise, research and consult on safety, health, transportation and environmental issues in all industries, government, labor, health care and education. For more information please go to www.asse.org/newsroom.
American Society of Safety Engineers
Willy Medina, 847-768-3404