2016 ARC Industry Forum to Focus on Disruptive Technologies, Innovation, and Cybersecurity
By Business Wire News
By Business Wire News
Faced with business challenges, even manufacturers and other traditionally conservative industrial organizations tend to be receptive to new business approaches and disruptive technologies. But only if these are proven and secure. This will be the focus of the 20th Annual ARC Industry Forum, Industry in Transition:Navigating the New Age of Innovation, February 8-11, 2016 at the Renaissance SeaWorld Hotel in Orlando, Florida.
Keynote presenters scheduled to speak at this event include Michael Carroll, Vice President, Innovation & Operations Excellence at Georgia-Pacific, who will address approaches for adopting new technologies; Sandy Vasser, Facilities I&E Manager at ExxonMobil Development, who will speak on the need to take automation off the critical path for major projects; and Rob High, Vice President and Chief Technology Officer for Watson Solutions at the IBM Software Group, who will speak on advances in machine learning.
A large number of other executives and thought leaders from the technology end user and supplier communities will also speak at the event to share their respective success stories and solutions. In addition to in-depth workshops on cyber security, developing the future workforce, plant asset management, and smart manufacturing, individual forum sessions will address timely topics, such as:
- Leveraging new technologies and processes
- Industrial cybersecurity management
- Managing aging control systems
- Managing major automation projects
- Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT)
- Machine learning
- Smart connected machines
- Ethernet and IP for field devices
- Predictive maintenance
- Operators of the future
- Operator training simulators
- Convergence of information and operational technologies
- Convergence of process safety and cybersecurity
- Operational intelligence and visualization
- Modularization in process automation
- Smart field systems
- Cognitive computing
- Supply chain control towers
- Digital thread in machinery ecosystems
As always, there will also be ample opportunities for participants to network with their peers as well as with experts from government, industry organizations, and academia over the course of the four-day conference.
For more information or to register, please call ARC at 781-471-1000 or visit the ARC Website.
ARC Advisory Group
Paul Miller, 781-471-1147