Public Aladon RCM3 Introductory Course
November 14 - November 16, 2016
5046 Mainway, Burlington, ON L7L 5Z1 Canada
The world of maintenance continues to evolve and develop and is currently in its 4th Generation with the focus very much on Technological advancements through The Internet of Things (IoT), Predictive Analytics, Interconnectivity, Defect Elimination, Standardization through adopting International Standards (i.e. ISO 55000 and ISO 31000), Renewables, Social and Organizational Responsibility and Managing Physical and Economic Risks. RCM3 brings maintenance mainstream and aligns with organization’s physical asset management and risk management strategies through addressing the 4thGeneration requirements.
This course provides a comprehensive introduction to RCM3 (Risk-based RCM) and its principles. It is intended for those who are interested in understanding what RCM3 is and how it can be applied to define risk-based maintenance and reliability programs from a strong technical base.
The application of RCM3 changes the way organizations think about their operations and maintenance (O&M). Not only does it challenge the traditional approach to equipment maintenance by moving you from a breakdown and repair mentality, it creates a new culture of risk-based asset management. It revolutionizes views about maintenance and how maintenance, operations and engineering should work together to drive asset performance through full asset life-cycle. RCM3 builds on the very robust RCM2 methodology with a refreshing new look on how to manage the risks associated with protective devices and how to manage the risks associated with preserving asset functions. The risk-based decision logic optimizes the maintenance program (develop the minimum amount of safe maintenance required to preserve the asset functions) while managing the physical and economic risks.
This introduction to RCM3 redefines your understanding of physical and economic risk management and will completely transform the way how organizations and O&M view the development of maintenance programs and their roles and responsibilities in that process. This course applies best practices by addressing the nine steps of RCM3 using a real life, case study approach. The participants will explore the techniques required to define a risk-based maintenance program in a logical and structured way that recognizes the risks associated with equipment failures.
Note that this course is also a requirement for becoming a Certified RCM3 Facilitator. It is a prerequisite for anyone who plans to attend the 10-day Advanced RCM3 Facilitator Training course in the Aladon Certified Facilitator Program.
RCM principles are at the heart of modern day asset management, asset performance, reliability and maintenance. The RCM3 introductory course provides an excellent opportunity to be guided through these concepts by a recognized thought leader in the field – Aladon Certified RCM3 Practitioner, Carlo Odoardi – email@example.com.
BUSINESS CASE JUSTIFICATION & COURSE BROCHURE
If you need help justifying this course, please, download this business case letter and revise as needed. Also, this is the Course Brochure.
BY PARTICIPATING YOU WILL:
- Develop a greater awareness of the importance of the risks associated with equipment failure how to manage them in an effective way.
- Learn the RCM3 language and its importance to maintenance, operations and engineering and their understanding of equipment operation and maintenance.
- Be able to evaluate maintenance and operational strategies that are technically feasible and worth doing while maximizing safety and environmental compliance.
- Be prepared to participate in an RCM3 analysis session as a subject matter expert.
- Plant Managers
- Maintenance trades
- Planners, Schedulers
- Operations Managers, Supervisors
- Maintenance Managers, Supervisors
- Engineering Managers
- Safety Managers
- Safety Officers
- Understanding of equipment maintenance and operations
- Course Manual: Based on the successful RCMII textbook by John Moubray together with the expanded RCM3 methodology, Aladon provide a comprehensive 150 page course manual (Risk-based RCM by Marius Basson and Theuns Koekemoer) that will be released in book format soon.
- Benzene Storage & Delivery System Case Study
- RCM3 Decision Diagram and Consequence vs. Probability Risk Matrix
- Break-out Exercises and Solution Sets
- A brief review of the difference between RCM2 & RCM3
- All Lunch meals & break snacks, coffee or tea and all drinks
- Free Parking and Free WIFI at the state-of-the-art Bentley Systems Canada training facility
- A Certificate of Completion for your HR department or your personal portfolio
- Hold an exclusive course at your facility for your employees (up to 20 delegates)
- Host a course at your facility for your employees and invite participants from other companies
- Attend this public course hosted by COCO NET Inc., Aladon Network member.
Maximum number of participants: 20
To register for this training course, or find out about other training courses and options, contact Carlo Odoardi at: firstname.lastname@example.org .