New funding available from CTMA for CNC machinist training
If your operation or facility has existing employees interested in learning CNC Machining, the Canadian Tooling & Machining Association can help.
CTMA invites advanced manufacturing companies to participate in its CNC Machinist Program.
Among the benefits of the program, CTMA will provide:
- Screened candidates (Youth 18 – 29 years old) who definitely have what it takes to be a good CNC Machinist.
- Classroom training (4 weeks) at the start to give them the basics to be workplace-ready prior to arriving on your shop floor.
- Training guidelines to assist you in teaching the one(s) you select – 22 weeks on your shop floor – the ‘real world’ of CNC machining.
- Coaching/monitoring over the entire 26 week program to ensure success
$7,500 for each successful Trainee, to help offset your shop-floor training costs.
- Tools, instruments and a tool box for each Trainee ($1,500 value).
Certification for those Trainees who become qualified to the industry-defined standards as a CNC Machinist (Level 1).
This program is supported by the Ontario Manufacturing Learning Consortium.
For more information, visit www.ctma.com.