Tom Clawser and Mike Power to lead PTDA in 2017
Chicago, Ill. – The Power Transmission Distributors Association (PTDA) elected its 2017 Board of Directors and Manufacturer Council at the recent PTDA 2016 Industry Summit in San Diego, Calif.
Thomas R. Clawser, director reliability services, Brown Transmission & Bearing Co. Delta Reliability Div. (Lancaster,Pa.) will become PTDA’s president in 2017. He succeeds LeRoy Burcroff, vice president sales, Bearing Service Inc. (Livonia, Mich.). Clawser has been active in PTDA since 2005, serving as a member of the former Technical Education committee and as a Trustee on the PTDA Foundation Board. Clawser has been a member of the PTDA Board of Directors since 2012.
Following his election, Clawser said, “I’m energized by the enthusiasm of the PTDA Board, committees and volunteers. It is a magnificent opportunity to transform ideas to actions.”
Joining Clawser on the 2017 PTDA Board of Directors will be:
· First Vice President Carlton C. Harvey, vice president industrial sales, Jamaica Bearings Co., Inc. (New Hyde Park, N.Y.)
· Second Vice President James Williams, VP corp purchasing & supplier relations, Motion Industries Inc. (Birmingham, Ala.)
· Treasurer Ajay Bajaj, president, Rotator Products Limited (Woodbridge, Ontario, Canada)
· Immediate Past President LeRoy Burcroff, vice president sales, Bearing Service Inc. (Livonia, Mich.)
· Manufacturer Council Chair Mike Power, director distributor sales, Lovejoy Inc. (Downers Grove, Ill.)
· Manufacturer Council Vice Chair Michael Cinquemani, president & CEO, Master Power Transmission, Inc. (Greenville, S.C.)
· PTDA Foundation President Michael J. Kelly, vice president, Kaman Industrial Technologies Corporation
· EPTDA President Jan Friman, director business development, YTM-Industrial Oy (Vantaa, Finland)
o Brian Davis, vice president, B & D Industrial (Norcross, Ga.)
o Steven W. DuComb, operations manager, W.C. DuComb Co., Inc. (Detroit, Mich.)
o James Halverson, manager power products, Van Meter Inc. (Cedar Rapids, Iowa)
o Brian Kolman, president, Brewer Machine & Gear Co. (St. Louis, Mo.)
o Joshua McGill, operations manager, Bartlett Bearing Co., Inc. (Philadelphia, Pa.)
o Mike McLain, vice president, Allied Bearing & Supply, Inc. (Harahan, La.)
Mike Power, director distributor sales, Lovejoy Inc. (Downers Grove, Ill.) assumes the duties of the PTDA Manufacturer Council chair in 2017, succeeding Sean Hickey, president, Lafert North America (Mississauga, Ontario, Canada). Power has served on the Council since 2013 and has been an active PTDA member for more than twelve years.
“I am both honored and excited to lead the PTDA Manufacturer Council for 2017. With the implementation of a new strategic plan and a sharper focus on meeting the needs of our fellow distributor and manufacturer members/partners, it promises to be a challenging and rewarding year for both the Manufacturer Council and the Association overall. I look forward to collectively addressing those challenges together with the entire Manufacturer Council,” Power said.
Joining Power on the Manufacturer Council for 2017 will be:
· Vice Chair Michael Cinquemani, president & CEO, Master Power Transmission, Inc. (Greenville, S.C.)
· Immediate Past Chair Sean Hickey, president, Lafert North America (Mississauga, Ontario, Canada)
o Tammy Balogh, vice president human resources, Flexco (Downers Grove, Ill.)
o Andrew A.O. Brown, vice president, Whittet-Higgins Company (Providence, R.I.)
o Christopher M. Curran, president, Climax Metal Products Company (Mentor, Ohio)
o Frank Mascia, president, Timken Canada LP (Mississauga, Ontario, Canada)
o Jeff Moore, vice president marketing mechanical, Baldor Electric Company (Greenville, S.C.)
o Michael Nisenbaum, director industrial sales & marketing, Carlisle-Timken (Franklin, Tenn.)
o Sandy Sullivan, national account director, U.S. Motors/Nidec Motor Corporation (St. Louis, Mo.)
The Power Transmission Distributors Association (PTDA) is the leading global association for the industrial power transmission/motion control (PT/MC) distribution channel. Headquartered in Chicago, PTDA represents power transmission/motion control distribution firms that generate more than $16 billion in sales and span over 3,400 locations. PTDA members also include manufacturers that supply the PT/MC industry.
PTDA is dedicated to providing exceptional networking, targeted education, relevant information and leading-edge business tools to help distributors and manufacturers meet marketplace demands competitively and profitably. For more information, visit ptda.org.