New SCC service helps Canadians shape standards
The Standards Council of Canada (SCC) today announced easy online access for Canadians to provide input into the development of international standards. By participating, Canadians gain insight into the latest business and technical developments and play a role in supporting key sectors of the economy. Comments submitted are provided to the Canadian committee responsible for developing Canada's official position on the proposed standard.
By participating, Canadians will:
• Play a role in the development of standards that affect them or their business;
• Acquire information on emerging trends and changing business practices that may impact them;
• Ensure that the standards development process reflects the quality, safety and efficiency of their products and services;
• Help advance Canada’s economic growth and innovation, as well as the health and well-being of Canadians.
Draft standards are available for the following sectors:
• Agriculture and food technology
• Electronics, information technology and telecommunications
• Engineering technologies
• Generalities, infrastructures and sciences
• Health, safety and environment
• Materials technology
• Special technologies
• Transport and distribution of goods
Register at www.scc.ca/en/connect and request membership to “Draft International Standards Open for Public Review”or any of the sector groups to participate.
SOURCE Standards Council of Canada