Manufacturing event convenes in Edmonton June 15-17
Edmonton – As thousands of manufacturers prepare to attend the Western Manufacturing Technology Show (WMTS), running next week – June 15-17 – at the Edmonton EXPO Centre, industry leaders are ready to share discussions on the sector’s long-term growth in Canada.
A keynote panel slated for Tuesday, June 16 (10:30 a.m.) moderated by Gary Loblick, president of The Winslow Group and project manager for the Manufacturing Centre of Excellence, poses the question: Why is manufacturing more important now than ever? Attendees will hear differing perspectives from David Plante, vice-president, Alberta Division, Canadian Manufacturers and Exporters (CME); Calvin Austrom, operations/production manager, RAM Manufacturing Ltd.; and David deJong and Darryl Short, principals of Karma Machining and Manufacturing Ltd., as they explore key issues related to manufacturing and what’s needed to improve Western Canada’s competitiveness.
Western Canada’s largest manufacturing event, WMTS brings together the latest technologies, products and processes, the most relevant industry information, and prime networking opportunities in one, all-encompassing venue. Highlights include:
– A comprehensive exhibit of the latest advances in machine tools, tooling and accessories, metal fabrication, design automation and assembly, lasers and laser systems, advanced manufacturing, plant maintenance, lean manufacturing and process control.
– The Innovation Tech Zone, a dedicated area that provides hands-on exposure to cutting-edge technologies, including the Oculus Rift virtual reality headset, Universal Robot’s UR5, Arduino, Makey Makey and Snap Circuits.
– A second keynote panel (Monday, June 15, 4:00 to 5:30 p.m.) entitled Continuous Improvement in Challenging Times and moderated by Mike Kluh, associate director, Productivity and Growth Services, Go Productivity, that will share lessons learned related to adapting quickly in the face of challenges.
– An extensive educational component designed to help manufacturers get to the next level of growth and expansion, and compete on a global scale, with topics ranging from finance, quality control and innovation, to productivity, sustainability and technology trends.
– A Job Shop Appreciation Reception (Tuesday, June 16, from 4:00 to 6:00 p.m.) featuring Edmonton Oilers alumni Craig MacTavish as a special guest.
Geared towards the needs of manufacturers in Alberta and throughout Western Canada, WMTS targets numerous industries within the manufacturing sector, including oil and gas, industrial and commercial machinery, construction, mining, agriculture, wind energy and aerospace.
For more information or to register, visit www.wmts.ca or call 1-888-322-7333 ext. 4435.