Dematic Meters Model expands maintenance management
May 25, 2015 – Dematic, a supplier of systems for the factory, warehouse and distribution centres, announced the availability of the Dematic Computerized Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS) Meters module, further enhancing the product’s preventive and predictive maintenance capabilities. The Meters module communicates directly with existing monitoring systems to extract, consolidate and deliver real-time data to the CMMS. The data collected is then used for alerting operators and maintenance personnel of current issues or trending the data for preventive, predictive and condition-based maintenance.
The Dematic Meters module includes Run-Time Tracking, which collects data directly from monitoring systems for facilitating usage-based maintenance; Alert Management that automates the data collection required for predictive and condition-based maintenance; Trending and Analytics for increased visibility into asset performance; and Open API for integration into third party controls software. Benefits of this new solution include:
- Improved Predictive and Condition-Based Asset Management and Reliability – Real-time trending alerts and asset readings provide better insight into asset condition, helping to avert potential failures.
- Improved Data Accuracy – Alerts and meters are automatically sent from the asset direct to the CMMS, avoiding data lags and data entry errors.
- Asset Lifecycle Management – Complete tracking from alerts through corrective action provide insight into maintenance operations for increased asset performance.
- Consolidated Asset Management – Information on energy usage, alerts and meter monitoring are automatically gathered and consolidated to provide a unified picture of preventive and predictive maintenance.
- Automated Energy Management – Automated energy use-monitoring enables pro-active energy budget planning and savings.
The Dematic Meters module is well-suited to a variety of industry sectors inclusive of energy, material handling, manufacturing, or any environment where monitoring of devices plays a critical role in maintenance success. The solution is available either on-cloud or on-premise and configured for mobile devices.
For more information, visit www.dematic.com/maintenance-module.