For example, which motor type is used in the climate control system of the Boeing Dreamliner, and for what reasons?
- Is a brushed or a brushless design more adapted?
- Does a flat pancake type motor fit better or should it be an elongated cylindrical one?
- Are motors with a slotted iron core winding design the right choice, or should it be a motor with a slotless winding?
For motor selection, it is important to know the particular requirements of each application.
- How large are torque and speed? Are there any gears involved?
- How is the motor operated and controlled? What is the required precision of control?
- What are the restrictions on size and weight?
- How about special ambient conditions such as temperature and pressure?
- Before answering these questions, the webinar starts with having a look at the properties of all kind of small DC motors with permanent magnets.
Which motor designs are adapted for high speed or high torque?
- How to select motors according to torque and speed requirements
- What are the particular advantages of brushed or brushless motors?
- How does a slotted or slotless winding design influence motor performance?
- What is the role of gears?
The webinar illustrates the findings on a multitude of typical application examples.
Presenter: Dr. Urs Kafader, Maxon Motor
Click this link to register for this Free Webinar-