Forklift maintenance equipment, forklevator
July 21, 2014 - Over 30 years ago, Handling Specialty Manufacturing engineered and manufactured a four-post lift to be used to safely and efficiently lift forklift trucks for maintenance. It was called the Forklevator, and the company enjoyed regular, steady, rising sales of this equipment, alongside the sales of its custom engineered material handling solutions.
Over the years, as the smaller Class 2 forklift trucks gained in popularity, the company saw another opportunity to fill a need in the
market. This realization lead the company to buy the rights to manufacture and sell the Excalibur – a cantilver-style lift for forklift
trucks – to be used to maintain the smaller forklift trucks.
Fast forward to 2014, where sales of both pieces of equipment are still steady and strong – a testament to the rugged, durable, heavy duty designs built into both lifts. In fact, many of these lifts are still operational in the field to this day – 30 years strong!
Features of the Forklevator
- Zero creep acme screw design
- Suspended screw design for safe environment (no external moving parts)
- Synchronized line shafting for 100 percent level lifting
- Wear sensing back up safety nuts
- Ergonomic 72” work height
- Complete electric drive system (no hydraulics)
- Automatically self-locking at any height
- Safety touch bar around perimeter of platform
- No concerns re load placement or counterweight lifting
- Fully adjustable runways to accommodate all truck types
- Full five year structural warranty
- Available in seven (7) basic models with special models available upon request.
- On floor or in-floor installation
- Quick installation
For more information, visit www.handling.com.