TÜV Rheinland Functional Safety Engineering Certification Worksh
The TÜV Rheinland Functional Safety Engineering Certification Workshop trains experienced safety engineers who wish to obtain a TÜV Safety Instrumented Systems (SIS) certificate verifying their expertise. The workshop has been reviewed and accepted by TÜV Rheinland, and passing a final exam at the end of the five-day course will earn the certificate.
This course is suited for engineers and technologists who aim to follow the best engineering practices with regard to the application of Safety Instrumented Systems in the process industry, including:
- Risk professionals responsible for establishing corporate tolerable risk targets
- Managers / Team Leaders responsible for determining SIS design standards
- Engineers and technicians responsible for ensuring that SIS have been designed to appropriately mitigate the level of risk identified
- Project Managers who need to understand the concepts and principles of IEC 61508 & 61511
- Engineers involved in any aspect of the SIS Safety Lifecycle
It supports the professional development of practitioners in the field of functional safety by incorporating the principles of IEC 61511 and other relevant international standards into a training course designed to add to their depth of knowledge and understanding of the subject.