Cloudruge releases alpha version of free online CMMS program
Cloudruge Ltd. has released the alpha version of its free online computerized maintenance management software (CMMS), known as cloudruge, today.
The use of the software is by invitation only, but users can visit cloudruge.com and request to be added to the invite list. cloudruge is a cloud-based (think dropbox) CMMS, so the application runs on cloudruge servers and users need only a browser to access it. The company says this results in important cost savings as there is no need to employ specialized IT staff. Up-time on remote servers is also generally much higher than if the servers are kept in-house (availability is usually in the order of 99.8 per cent, excluding scheduled server maintenance).
The main features of the alpha version are:
- Developed with the most secure, efficient and advanced web application framework.
- Asset organization tree.
- Manual Work Request/ Work Order assigned to asset.
- Upload of documents assigned to assets.
- Upload of documents assigned to work orders.
- Use it anywhere with its native mobile version. cloudruge detects the client type and adjusts its display on the fly to suit smaller mobile screens.
- User avatar implemented through the gravatar service.
Other functionality to be available very soon on the alpha version:
- Work-order scheduling.
- Asset list import using an excel file.
- User level implementation.
Cloudruge Ltd. is a software company based in Macau SAR and in Hong Kong founded by a team of professionals with experience in industrial maintenance and web software development. Cloudruge’s goal is to become the most popular cloud-based CMMS solution in the market for small to medium-sized companies and will include modules for: inventory control, labour and spare parts costs and advanced maintenance reporting among others.