New iPhone safety app for metalworkers launched
Montreal, QC -- Walter has launched a new application for iPhones, the Walter Safety App. It has been designed to provide metalworkers around the world with easy access to essential safety information when working on factory floors, jobsites,...
Montreal, QC — Walter has launched a new application for iPhones, the Walter Safety App. It has been designed to provide metalworkers around the world with easy access to essential safety information when working on factory floors, jobsites, etc. The application is an extension of the Mechanical Safety Seminars offered by Walter.
The Walter Safety App includes:
• Abrasives speed chart — provides MAX RPM info for all Walter abrasive discs, based on their diameters
• Grinding angles: provides minimum and maximum grinding angles according to type of grinder and choice of abrasive
• Drill bits speed chart: provides optimal drilling RPM according to drill bit diameter and type of material to be drilled
• Annular Core Cutter speed chart: establishes the recommended RPM based on the cutter diameter and the type of material to be cut
• Unit converter: converts hundreds of unit measurements — length, area, volume, speed, mass, and temperature
• Flashlight: use your phone as a flashlight.
• Level: determine the angle of any surface
It also includes quick links to instructional Walter videos and a link to walter.com.
There are two ways to download the app onto your iPhone: Go to the ‘App Store’ on your iPhone, press the Search icon and type ‘Walter Safety’ in the search box; or, on your computer, do the search in the iTunes store and save the App in iTunes, then sync your iPhone. The app is compatible with the iPhone 3GS, 4, 4S and 5; and the iPod Touch 3rd , 4th and 5th generation (iPad requires iOS 5.0 or later).