EPTDA hosts its biggest ever annual convention
Lisbon, Portugal -- The European Power Transmission Distributors Association (EPTDA), a European organisation for the mechanical power transmission and motion control (PT/MC) industry, hosted its 2012 Convention in Lisbon Sept. 26-28, 2012. It...
Lisbon, Portugal — The European Power Transmission Distributors Association (EPTDA), a European organisation for the mechanical power transmission and motion control (PT/MC) industry, hosted its 2012 Convention in Lisbon Sept. 26-28, 2012. It was EPTDA’s 15th annual convention, and saw the biggest ever attendance in the history of the association.
Membership in the association has reached 207 companies. Some 310 delegates, representing 155 companies, came to the Corinthia Hotel Lisbon to discuss growth strategies for the years ahead. The association also facilitated more than 720 one-on-one, business-to-business meetings at its MD-IDEX (Manufacturer-Distributor Idea Exchange) platform.
The three-day conference featured several guest speakers, including Mr Body Language, Allan Pease, an award-winning author of books like ‘Why Men Don’t Listen & Why Women Can’t Read Maps’ and ‘The Definitive Book of Body Language’. EPTDA also brought to the stage the international authority on economic forecasting, Alan Beaulieu, from ITR Research, as well as the co-founder of Coffee Republic, Sahar Hashemi.
The dedicated Distribution Forum, created for the EPTDA distributor community to address issues related to profitability amid current economic challenges, brought together some 150 distributors and manufacturers from across the world under one roof.
“We feel extremely honoured to have the opportunity to bring together the most influential leaders of our industry in Lisbon – our biggest annual convention ever,” said Hans Hanegreefs, executive vice-president of EPTDA. “We also welcomed more than 20 new companies to the 2012 annual convention.
“Amidst the ongoing economic turmoil and uncertainties, so many companies have put their faith in EPTDA’s role to ensure the growth of the PT/MC industry in EMEA (Europe, the Middle East and Africa) and that makes us enormously proud,” Hanegreefs added.
At its annual conventions, the EPTDA also honours the most dedicated ambassadors of the association who actively promote the benefits of membership and EPTDA’s brand awareness in the global PT/MC industry. The 2012 winners of the Best EPTDA Promoter Awards are:
– Zitec Industrietechnik GmbH in the EPTDA Distributor member category
– RBC Bearings in the EPTDA Manufacturer member category
– A4MRO Ibérica, S.L. in the EPTDA Associate member category
The General Assembly also appointed its 2012-2013 EPTDA board of directors, who include:
– Meino Noordenbos, EPTDA president – Biesheuvel Groep, B.V., The Netherlands
– Manfred Beitel, EPTDA past president – Zitec Industrietechnik GmbH, Germany
– David Bassas, EPTDA secretary-treasurer – Tecnotrans Bonfiglioli S.A., Spain
– Stewart Booth, EPTDA manufacturer council chair – PIX Europe, United Kingdom
– Lars Akerberg, EPTDA board member – Nomo Kullager, Sweden
– Christian Collignon, EPTDA board member – IPH-Orexad, France
– Roberto Cugnaschi, EPTDA board member – Mondial S.p.A., Italy
– Elisabeth Meister, EPTDA board member – Ludwig Meister GmbH & Co. KG, Germany
– Mustafa Özkara, EPTDA Board member – Bilya-Sanayi, Turkey
– Moris Romi, EPTDA board member – RIMA, Italy
– Dick Winkelhuis, EPTDA board member – Spruit Transmissies, The Netherlands.
A full video coverage of the event will be available on the association’s website www.eptda.org.
In 2013, the EPTDA will celebrate its 15th anniversary at its annual convention, taking place Sept. 15-18 in Venice at the Hilton Molino Stucky Hotel. For more details, visit http://www.eptda.org