Power transmission distributors and manufacturers to gather in Dallas in October
Chicago, IL -- Executives in power transmission and motion control (PT/MC) will converge at the 2012 PTDA Industry Summit in Dallas, TX,
Chicago, IL — Executives in power transmission and motion control (PT/MC) will converge at the 2012 PTDA Industry Summit in Dallas, TX,
With a theme of ‘Big Ideas to Steer Your Business’, the event will be held at the Hyatt Regency Dallas Oct. 18-20, 2012.
The PTDA Industry Summit is the premier venue for PTDA members to devote time to growing their businesses with incomparable networking, leading-edge keynotes and workshops, and targeted business development opportunities. The Industry Summit’s signature event, the Manufacturer-Distributor Idea Exchange (MD-IDEX), efficiently brings together existing and potential channel partners to strategically plan for the upcoming year.
“Each year so many people come together at the PTDA Industry Summit,” said Jim LaHaie of W.C. DuComb Co. Inc., a Detroit-area distributor. “It is a chance to reconnect, refresh and recharge as an industry. It’s amazing how powerful it is to be able to make connections that can help you all year long in business.”
With a workshop schedule and special programs that deliver business solutions that can be immediately implemented, the Industry Summit offers participants access to the latest thinking and newest technologies. “As a new member of PTDA, I found attending the PTDA Industry Summit helped us identify distributors who were interested in our product line and meet key contacts at those distributorships,” said Tom Fechter, Uni-Lift global product leader at Enerpac, a Menomonee Falls, WI-based manufacturer of mechanical actuators. “PTDA has programs, specifically the first-timer program, that really helped me navigate the Industry Summit and reach out to people much quicker than I could do on my own.”
By offering multiple sessions, PTDA encourages Industry Summit participants to customize their experience. Key events of the upcoming 2012 Industry Summit include:
– Focusing on PTDA’s core membership, the Distributor Forum is an open exchange of ideas designed to assist CEOs and leaders of small-to-mid-sized distribution firms in managing their businesses more profitably. At the same time, manufacturer members have their own forum in which to discuss issues of importance to them.
– The Motion Control Showcase is a well-attended PTDA event that allows manufacturers the opportunity to showcase and demonstrate motion control products in an intimate environment to decision-makers.
– A Market Briefing from the oil and gas industry gives participants ideas for addressing challenges and increasing sales and service offerings in this arena. Presenting the Market Briefing is Mike Watts, director of fracture stimulation affairs, Haliburton Energy Services, Inc.
– Keynote addresses from economist Alan Beaulieu, Institute for Trend Research, and technology pioneer and entrepreneur Scott Klososky ensure participants are well-informed on the direction of the economy and the latest over-the-horizon technology trends, respectively.
– Scott Klososky also delivers a workshop on ‘The Changing Sales Model’ to help PTDA Industry Summit participants utilize social technology tools to increase sales.
– Jeff Gusdorf, CPA and managing consultant, Brown, Smith Wallace Consulting Group, presents ‘What Can Cloud Do For You?’ His workshop aids participants in evaluating cloud computing opportunities with respect to scalability, agility, integration, customization, security, cost and return-on-investment.
– ‘Knowledge Transfer and the Emerging Generations’ is a workshop presented by Bob Wendover, director, Center for Generational Studies, designed to call attention to a looming mass retirement in the industry and how to prevent institutional knowledge cultivated over decades from retiring too.
Industry Summit registration opens in June, but PTDA members can book hotel rooms now in the PTDA room block at a discounted rate and secure reduced airfare through American Airlines.
For more information, visit www.ptda.org/IndustrySummit.