Seminar to explain how to comply with Ontario’s new workplace accessibility standards
Toronto – As of January 1, 2012, the Ontario government has developed mandatory accessibility standards that identify, remove and prevent barriers for persons with disabilities in everyday living. Every business in Ontario providing goods...
Toronto – As of January 1, 2012, the Ontario government has developed mandatory accessibility standards that identify, remove and prevent barriers for persons with disabilities in everyday living. Every business in Ontario providing goods and/or services is required to have an accessibility plan in place that addresses customer service, including trained employees.
The next three accessibility standards under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (AODA) require Ontario to be fully accessible in the areas of transportation, employment and information and communications, which must be phased in between now and 2021. Filing the accessibility plan for your business is the first step in complying with these new standards.
To provide information about the new requirements, a seminar – Ontario’s new accessibility standards – are you in compliance? – will be held on Tuesday, March 6, 2012, from 8:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m. at the Hyatt Regency Hotel – Downtown Toronto. The cost is $95 per person (includes breakfast).
The seminar will cover the practical information and tools needed to comply with these new requirements, including:
• How to comply with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (AODA) Customer Service Standard
• How to avoid costly penalties and fines for non-compliance
• How to develop an accessibility plan that identifies how your organization will provide service to customers with disabilities
• How to provide emergency response information to workers with disabilities (as per the Integrated Accessibility Standards that took effect January 1, 2012).
Presenting speakers include:
• David Crocker, Davis LLP
• Olga Dosis, B.A., M.A. (Psych.), M.A. (CDS), Optimal Performance Consultants, Inc
• A speaker from the Accessibility Directorate of Ontario, Ministry of Community and Social Services
For more information visit http://www.ecologevents.com/accessibility, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call (416) 510-6867.