PTDA’s 50th Anniversary Industry Summit to look to the future
Chicago, IL -- Executives in power transmission and motion control (PT/MC) will converge at the Power Transmis...
Chicago, IL — Executives in power transmission and motion control (PT/MC) will converge at the Power Transmission Distributors Association’s (PTDA) 50th Anniversary Industry Summit this fall to celebrate a half-century of success and look to the future with “A Summit of Possibilities.”
To be held at the J.W. Marriott Desert Ridge in Phoenix, AZ, Oct. 21-23, 2010, the Industry Summit will allow PTDA members to devote essential time to working on their businesses through participating in networking, listening to leading-edge keynote speakers and joining in workshops and targeted business development opportunities.
The Industry Summit’s signature event, the Manufacturer-Distributor Idea Exchange (MD-IDEX), brings together existing and potential channel partners to strategically plan for the upcoming year. Chris Bursack, director of marketing for Industrial Supply Co. Inc., attests to the value of participating in the PT/MC industry’s annual Industry Summit. “The networking opportunities with manufacturers and fellow distributors are fantastic. If you come, invest the time, make the connections — the benefit is definitely there.”
As an incubator for innovations and solutions, Industry Summit participants will collect ideas they can implement immediately upon their return to the office. “I enjoy the motivational speakers, the industry speakers,” says Don Latham, president and CEO of Belterra Corp., Delta, BC. “I find it gives me the ability to look at problems from a different perspective.”
By offering multiple sessions, PTDA encourages Industry Summit participants to customize their experience and delve deeper into the possibilities presented in new markets, new ideas and new ways of communicating.
– Focusing on PTDA’s core membership, the Big Issues for Small Distributors Forum is an open exchange of ideas designed to assist CEOs and owners of small to mid-sized distribution firms in managing their businesses more profitably.
– Motion Control: Accelerating the Opportunity is a strategic look at the motion control industry and a tactical discussion on building customer value propositions and identifying profit opportunities in the motion control arena.
– Not Just Hot Air: Turning a Profit in Wind Energy will provide the inside scoop on the emerging wind energy market. A representative from the American Wind Energy Association will provide a snapshot of the industry, its future outlook and insight for the requirements and expectations of the supplier community.
– Prospecting for the Future: Web 2.0 for B2B Marketing will provide real-world applications for businesses seeking to leverage Web technologies in marketing and sales. Led by David Griffith, president and CEO of the Modern Group Ltd, the workshop will get specific on how participants can use technology to drive new business-without a significant time commitment.
– Wayne Rivers, president of the Family Business Institute Inc., will help companies retain (or rebuild) technical expertise by learning techniques on how to start the knowledge transfer process in Preserving Competitive Advantage: Managing Your Corporate Expertise.
Industry Summit registration is now open. For more information, visit www.ptda.org/IndustrySummit.