PTDA Foundation raises record amount in 2008
Chicago, IL -- The Power Transmission Distributors Association (PTDA) Foundation set a new record for its annual ...
Chicago, IL — The Power Transmission Distributors Association (PTDA) Foundation set a new record for its annual fund drive in 2008, raising a total of $285,498, reports Phyllis Russell, PTDA Foundation executive director. Two new $10,000+ level givers, IDC-USA (Partner level) and BC Bearing Group (Investor level), helped push total contributions to a 21% increase compared to 2007.
Continuing a history of strong support, Russel said that Tomkins Corporation Foundation made a Partner-level contribution, its third at $25,000 level, bringing its total support to $75,000. The BDI/BDI Canada combined contribution put it at the Investor level in 2008.
Highlights from the 2008 Foundation Fund Drive include:
- BC Bearing Group is the first single distributor contribution at the Investor level.
- IDC-USA ran a member fund drive, which raised more than $15,000 from 17 companies.
- A first-ever Pledge-A-Thon raised about $9,000 from smaller donors, up from $3,500 in 2007.
- The Heritage Society solicitation resulted in nine individual leader contributions totaling $5,250.
- 25 individuals, companies and organizations have contributed to the fund drive for the first time (or after a four-year lapse in support), making total donations of $17,400.
- There were 50 increased contributions ranging from $50 to $3,000, totalling $43,079 in increased giving in 2008.
The PTDA Foundation specifically recognized the following major donors:
Partner Contributors ($15,000 or more)
- Tomkins Corporation Foundation
Investor Contributors ($10,000 – $14,999)
- BC Bearing Group
- BDI/BDI Canada
r Contributors ($5,000 – $9,999)
- ASA Education Foundation Inc.
- Baldor Electric Company
- Bearing Belt Chain Co., Inc.
o Emerson Power Transmission
o Emerson U.S. Motors
o Emerson Control Techniques
- Gates Corporation
- IAPD Charitable Foundation
- Martin Sprocket & Gear Inc.
- Motion Industries Inc./Motion Canada
- National Fluid Power Association (NFPA)
- Oilite Bearing Division
- SKF Service Division
- The Timken Company.
“The PTDA Foundation was founded in 1982 to enhance knowledge, education, professionalism and productivity within the power transmission/motion control (PT/MC) industry,” says Russell. “The Foundation’s core initiative, Industrial Careers Pathway, is a collaboration of industrial distribution associations working together to recruit entry-level employees to the industrial distribution channel; develop programs to teach business, technical and distribution basics; and create affordable resources for current employee development.”
For more information or a complete list of donors, visit www.industrialcareerspathway.org.