Pressure equipment manufacturers form new association (April 04, 2008)
Caledon, ON - The creation of a new association, the Pressure Equipment Manufacturers of Canada (PEMoC), was annou...
Caledon, ON – The creation of a new association, the Pressure Equipment Manufacturers of Canada (PEMoC), was announed in February 2008. It is a not-for-profit association providing a voice for small Canadian manufacturers of pressure equipment.
The organization has been set up to promote the interests of the many small companies who manufacture a wide range of equipment operating under pressure, including: pressure vessels, heat exchangers, boilers, piping, and various fittings for end users in chemical, oil, gas, power and general industrial applications.
Manufacturers of pressure equipment require highly skilled welders who are in short supply throughout Canada as well as most of the industrialized world. Small manufacturers have a particularly difficult time developing and retaining these essential skills. To try and address these types of issues, the mandate of PEMoC is to:
– Help facilitate access to apprenticeship and other programs
– Provide a voice to various levels of government
– Challenge the existing inter-provincial trade barriers that increase operating costs
– Challenge the regulatory system that hampers profitability and growth
– Provide a forum for communication between small companies to share common problems and strategize on possible solutions.
For membership or other information,contact Walter Widla, P.Eng, at 905-838-4555 ext. 306, or e-mail email@example.com.