Hose association adopts PTDA product pricing format
Chicago, IL -- The Power Transmission Distributors Association (PTDA) has announced a new association endorser of i...
Chicago, IL — The Power Transmission Distributors Association (PTDA) has announced a new association endorser of its Product Price & Information Format (PPIF) standard.
NAHAD — The Association for Hose & Accessories Distribution joins the growing contingent of association endorsers of the PPIF. Association-endorsers include: -American Bearing Manufacturers Association (BBMA), Association for High Technology Distribution (AHTD), Bearing Specialists Association (BSA), Fluid Power Distributors Association (FPDA), National Fluid Power Association (NFPA) and the PTDA.
PPIF also is currently endorsed by almost 80 PTDA-member manufacturers and over 60 distributors, with even more firms using it for updates.
PPIF is a standardized, ASCII format for electronic transmission of manufacturer price and product updates. The PPIF benefits distributors and manufacturers directly as follows:
– Greater savings: Manufacturers provide/distributors receive product and price updates in a single format, dramatically reducing the cost to create, transmit, process and upload these files
– Improved accuracy: Eliminates the need for manual re-keying of vendor data
– Faster updates: Reduces time to upload and implement updates, minimizing debit and credit processing errors.
To maximize the benefits of the PPIF for member companies and the industrial distribution channel, PTDA is focused on:
– Increasing adoption and use by industrial distributors and manufacturers to maximize channel efficiencies
– Encouraging distribution software providers to incorporate the PPIF into their next updates to further simplify uploading data for distributors
– Protecting standard integrity by strongly encouraging users to provide/request only compliant files.
More information on PPIF v. 2.0, including a complete list of endorsers, is available at www.ptda.org/PPIF. The format and detailed implementation documentation are available for free download at www.ptda.org/PPIFdownloads.
PTDA represents 216 power transmission/motion control distributor firms with over 3,500 locations throughout North America and 13 other countries, as well as 200 manufacturers that supply the PT/MC industry.