Troy, Ohio — Hobart Brothers Company celebrated its 90th anniversary during a company-wide event at its headquarters in Troy, Ohio, on August 29, 2007. The event consisted of a luncheon with first-shift employees, and was also attended by Troy city officials, including Mayor Michael L. Beamish. Beamish delivered a proclamation to celebrate this business milestone and to recognize the companys ongoing contributions to the Troy community.
Also in attendance were Scott Santi, executive vice-president, Illinois Tool Works (ITW), parent company of Hobart Brothers, and Grant Harvey, vice-president of Hobart Brothers North American tubular wire division, both of whom spoke of the importance of the anniversary and the companys 690 employees.
Ninety years of product quality and innovation is impressive in todays manufacturing world, says Harvey. We are all incredibly proud to be part of such a fine, long-standing organization, and to have had so many dedicated employees throughout the years.
Since Charles Clarence Hobart founded the business in 1917, Hobart Brothers has become a foremost provider of quality welding filler metals. It has maintained operations in Troy since its inception, and was family-owned and operated until being acquired by ITW in 1996. ITW is a diversified manufacturer of industrial systems, components and consumables and is also the parent company of Miller Electric Mfg. Co., Bernard, Smith Equipment and Weldcraft.
Today, Hobart Brothers manufactures welding filler metals marketed under the brand names of Tri-Mark, McKay, Hobart and Corex, and maintains sales operations in countries throughout the world. It also owns multiple subsidiaries including Hobart Welding Products and Hobart Ground Power.
For more information, visit www.hobartbrothers.com.