PTDA Foundation celebrates 25th anniversary
Chicago, IL -- The Power Transmission Distributors Association (PTDA) Foundation celebrates its 25th anniversary in...
Chicago, IL — The Power Transmission Distributors Association (PTDA) Foundation celebrates its 25th anniversary in 2007. The Foundation is dedicated to improving the knowledge, professionalism and productivity of individuals in the power transmission/motion control (PT/MC) industry.
Major Foundation accomplishments include:
– Educating customers about the value provided by PT/MC distributors
– Developing industry-specific educational programs
– Working with academia to develop a pool of qualified employment candidates
– Promoting the PT/MC industry to potential employees
– Helping companies recruit, train and retain qualified candidates
– Educating industry participants about industry trends.
The PTDAs most recent accomplishments have been made possible through its major workforce development initiative, the Industrial Careers Pathway (ICP). This PTDA Foundation-led alliance of 21 distribution associations, two manufacturer associations and two regional development organizations is working with community colleges and technical schools in the United States and Canada to:
– Actively promote careers in the industrial distribution channel
– Develop programs to teach business, technical and distribution basics to new and experienced employees
– Help distributors and manufacturers enhance how they hire, train and promote.
In May 2006, the first student completed the Industrial Distribution Certificate – Business Concentration at Henry Ford Community College in Greater Detroit, Mich. Students attending Metropolitan Community College in Omaha, Neb., have begun their careers with local employers while they work toward completing their associates degree in industrial distribution.
Classes also are being offered at Cuyahoga Community College, Cleveland, Ohio, and Dakota County Technical College, Twin Cities, Minn. Programs are pending or have been approved at Mid Florida Tech in central Florida, Bucks County Community College around Philadelphia/southern New Jersey, Mohawk College, Hamilton, Ont., and British Columbia Institute of Technology (BCIT) in Vancouver, B.C.
As part of its anniversary celebration, the PTDA Foundation will hold a celebration dinner during the PTDA 2007 Industry Summit at the Marriott’s Desert Springs, Palm Desert, Calif. to recognize this milestone.
For more information or for a complete list of Pathway Alliance Partners, visit http://www.industrialcareerspathway.org.