Chicago, IL — The Industrial Careers Pathway (ICP) Partner Alliance has unveiled a new website to promote careers in industrial distribution and provide solutions to industry human resources challenges.
ICP is a major workforce development initiative in the United States and Canada to help distributors and manufacturers enhance how they hire, train and promote employees.
The website, www.industrialcareerspathway.org, is the central element of an integrated marketing, communications and public relations campaign. With separate sections targeted at students, faculty and guidance counsellors, employers, current and potential funders, and ICP Alliance partners, the site is designed to:
* Promote rewarding careers industrial distribution to students and individuals considering a profession change.
* Engage industry employers to support each Pathway program by hiring graduates, offering on-the-job training to students and sending current employees for continuing education.
* Connect distributors and manufacturers to local, community-based resources and organizations to address employer challenges in recruitment and development.
* Provide resources to implement the ICP curriculum, including detailed materials for teaching the Introduction to Industrial Distribution.
* Serve as a central repository of tools and templates for Advisory Committee volunteers working to introduce and support ICP programs.
* Offer resources to help Alliance Partners promote the initiative to their own members.
* Make the case for financial support to current and potential funders and grantmakers.