PTDA updates its Power Transmission Handbook
Chicago, IL -- The Power Transmission Distributors Association (PTDA) has recently released the fourth edition of t...
Chicago, IL — The Power Transmission Distributors Association (PTDA) has recently released the fourth edition of the Power Transmission Handbook.
Written for the entry-level individual, the Power Transmission Handbook is the most comprehensive training tool available for the power transmission/motion control (PT/MC) industry. Designed as an introduction to power transmission products and applications, the Handbook is considered the definitive primer on the topic.
The 350-page, 17-chapter Handbook can be used to:
– Educate new and current employees on PT/MC products, technologies and concepts.
– Apply fundamental engineering concepts.
– Serve as a reference guide.
– Train customers on installation and maintenance.
The Handbook also is used by over 70 colleges, universities and vocational/technical schools as a textbook for power transmission, mechanical engineering and industrial maintenance type courses.
Each of the 17 chapters is presented in an easy-to-read format and includes products and their various types; engineering concepts; maintenance and diagnostic tips; application and selection criteria; plus charts, diagrams, drawings and photos.
Updated by industry product experts, the fourth edition includes:
– Revised fundamentals chapter to enhance understanding of critical concepts.
– Product features, materials used and special considerations, including common reasons for failure.
– Expanded product and technology information, plus three new chapters: Lubrication, Sealants and Adhesives, and Vibration Analysis.
– Updated Workbook and Answer Guide.
The fourth edition of the Handbook is available to PTDA members for US$39.95 ($49.95 to non-members) or as a set with the Workbook for $58.45 to members ($71.20 to non-members). Quantity discounts are available. To order, visit www.ptda.org/store or call +1.312.516.2100.