Armonk, NY — IBM will acquire MRO Software Inc. of Bedford, Mass., in an all-cash transaction at a price of approximately $740 million, or $25.80 per share. The acquisition is subject to MRO Software shareholder and regulatory reviews and other customary closing conditions. It is expected to close in the fourth quarter of 2006.
MRO Software is a leading provider of asset and service management software and consulting, used by many of the world’s top companies to efficiently manage how they buy, maintain and retire assets such as production equipment, facilities, transportation and information technology (IT) hardware and software in a wide variety of industries including utilities, manufacturing, energy, pharmaceutical, and telecommunications.
MRO asset management technology and consulting services will be integrated into IBM Software and IBM Global Services offerings.
Following completion of the acquisition, IBM intends to:
– Establish MRO Software’s operations as a business unit within IBM’s Tivoli software unit.
– Incorporate MRO software technology into IBM’s Tivoli software offerings.
– Market and sell MRO software products through IBM’s and MRO’s worldwide sales channels and IBM Business Partners.
– Further expand the scope and capabilities of IBM’s business and IT asset management consulting practices, and deliver services for MRO-based solutions through IBM Global Services.
– Build upon the two companies’ long-standing business relationship, which began in 1996.
IBM will leverage MRO’s software portfolio and management consultants to provide clients with a single approach to managing all industrial and IT assets.
For more information about IBM, go to www.ibm.com. Additional information on MRO Software can be found at www.mro.com.