EFC Foundation launches scholarship program worth $50,000
Mississauga, ON -- Electro-Federation Canada (EFC) has launched the ninth annual EFC Foundation Scholarship Program...
Mississauga, ON — Electro-Federation Canada (EFC) has launched the ninth annual EFC Foundation Scholarship Program, with 30 scholarships totaling $50,000 available to eligible university and college students in the fields of engineering, computer science and business administration, as well as to eligible second- or third-phase electrical apprentices.
Scholarships available include:
– EFC Foundation University Scholarships – $2,000 (8 available)
– EFC Foundation College Scholarships – $1,500 (8 available)
– EFC Foundation Apprenticeship Scholarships – $1,000 (2 available)
– Honeywell in Canada Leadership in Education Award – $2,500
– Hubbell Canada Leadership in Education Award – $2,500
– R.L. Brews Ltd. Electrical Engineering Technologist Award – $2,500
– OSRAM SYLVANIA Ltd. Scholastic Achievement Award – $2,500
– Bob Dyer/OEL Apprenticeship Scholarships – $500 – (5 available)
– S&C Electric John R. Conrad Award of Excellence – $2,500
– Schneider Electric Student Merit Award – $2,500
– Eaton Electrical Award of Academic Achievement – $2,500.
While each individually corporate sponsored scholarship’s criteria is specific, to qualify for an EFC Foundation award, applicants must have completed at least their first year of study; have maintained a minimum 70% average; and be registered in a full-time, eligible post-secondary degree or diploma program at a recognized Canadian education institution.
“I am thrilled that our member companies have made such a substantial contribution to supporting leading-edge training and development for Canadian students,” says Milos Jancik, chairman of the EFC Foundation. “I believe this underscores a sincere commitment within our industry to attracting, developing and retaining skilled employees.”
Complete application forms are due by Aug. 12, 2004, and are available online at www.electrofed.com, via email request to email@example.com or by calling 905-602-8877.
Applicants are asked to submit a completed application form, a transcript or copy of their previous year’s grades, and a one-page overview describing work experience, interests, extra-curricular activities and future plans in the electrical, electronics or telecommunication fields.