Electro-Federation Canada reveals Industry Recognition Award recipient
Mississauga, ON -- Robert (Bob) T.E. Gillespie, chairman and chief executive officer, General Electric Canada Inc.,...
Mississauga, ON — Robert (Bob) T.E. Gillespie, chairman and chief executive officer, General Electric Canada Inc., Mississauga, Ont., has been awarded the 2003 Industry Recognition Award by Electro-Federation Canada.
Throughout more than 40 years with General Electric Canada, Gillespie has been a strong force of change in Canadian business and has contributed significantly to his community, said Bill Saylor, chairman of EFC’s Industry Recognition Award committee.
"Bob Gillespie’s long record of service to Canada’s electrical industry and the greater public makes him an ideal candidate to receive this award," said Saylor. "Bob has served as chairman of the Canadian Council for International Business, the Canadian Standards Association and the Electrical & Electronics Manufacturers Association of Canada, the predecessor to EFC. His community leadership activities include serving as a director of the Canadian Chamber of Commerce, a board trustee of the Royal Ontario Museum and a member of the Team Canada Inc. advisory board.
“We are pleased to award this honour to such a deserving candidate," he said.
Gillespie will be presented with Electro-Federation Canada’s Industry Recognition Award at EFC’s Supply & Distribution Council’s Annual Conference in Charlevoix, Que., June 4-7, 2003.
Selected awards and volunteer positions of this year’s award recipient include:
– Queen’s Jubilee Medal, 2002
– Professional Engineers Ontario President, 1994-95
– Board Trustee of the Royal Ontario Museum
– Member of Team Canada Inc., Advisory Board
– Professional Engineers of Ontario Gold Medal 2001
– Canada’s International Executive of the Year 1999
– Canadian Council of Professional Engineer’s Gold Medal Award 1999
– PEO Companion of the Order of Honour 1998
– Professional Engineers Ontario President 1994-95
– Distinguished Service Award, Canadian Electrical Association
– Fellow of the Canadian Academy of Engineering 1989
– Past Chairman, Canadian Council for International Business
– Past Chairman, Electrical & Electronics Manufacturers Association of Canada
– Past Director, Canadian Chamber of Commerce
– Past Chair, Toronto Symphony Orchestra
– Past Chair, Credit Valley Hospital
Electro-Federation Canada is a national, not-for-profit industry association representing over 250 member companies in the electrical, electronics and telecommunications industries in Canada. EFC member companies manufacture and distribute a diverse array of products including household appliances, lighting, consumer electronics, communications and electronic equipment, cabling, industrial equipment and other electrical products.
For more information, contact EFC at 905 602-8877 or visit www.electrofed.com.