New high-performance synchronous belts land in Canada
Toronto, ON -- Sept. 12, 2002 -- Goodyear Canada has launched two new high-performance synchronous belts designed f...
Toronto, ON — Sept. 12, 2002 — Goodyear Canada has launched two new high-performance synchronous belts designed for Canada’s distribution packaging handling, food and forestry industries as well as applications within industrial manufacturing plants.
“We are extremely pleased to be entering a new market segment with WhiteHawk Pd and BlackHawk Pd synchronous belts — with universal appeal for all of these industries,” said Brad Baber, marketing manager, industrial products for Goodyear Canada’s Engineered Products Division.
Essentially, with so many tooth profiles and horsepower ratings in today’s marketplace and on production lines, WhiteHawk Pd and BlackHawk Pd provides distributors an opportunity to work with companies currently using competitive belts.
The product line is now available through Goodyear Authorized Distributors (GADs) located throughout the country. A belt sample kit will be available to assist in demonstrating to end-users the following features:
– New material technology designed for higher horsepower rating
– Universality — easy replacement for majority of existing competitive drive systems in service
– Hibrex Tooth Compound — resistance to oils, coolants, decreasing replacement costs
– Premium reinforcement — excellent dimensional stability, minimal retensioning, less maintenance
– WhiteHawk Pd 20 mm-wide belt can replace 30 mm belt drive system for substantial drive-cost savings
– BlackHawk Pd lasts up to three times longer than comparative competitor’s belt, reducing downtime
– Part numbering system compatible with industry numbers for ease of ordering.
“The launch of WhiteHawk Pd and BlackHawk Pd synchronous belts are key components in our division’s branding strategy to further Goodyear’s industrial belt market penetration into the Canadian marketplace. At the same time, we are increasing the depth of our product lines,” said Baber.
Goodyear Engineered Products, a global manufacturer of power transmission products, is also a leading producer of industrial hose and heavy-duty and lightweight conveyor belts. For more details contact Goodyear Customer Service at 1-888-275-4397.