Burlington, ON — Aug. 21, 2002 — Ivara Corp. is offering free, live, on-line seminars for senior managers within utility companies, especially those involved in managing maintenance and operations.
Each hour-long seminar, entitled “Balancing Cost and Reliability in Utilities” is presented by Dr. Ken Ferguson, a 25-year expert in the utility industry. The presentations include a Microsoft PowerPoint presentation and a live demonstration of Ivara.EXP software. These visual, on-line components are coordinated with a live voice presentation delivered simultaneously by telephone to attendees’ offices and conference rooms.
Those who attend the seminar will learn:
– How changing demands on maintenance, a better understanding of equipment behaviour and the availability of new technologies and practices have changed the maintenance profession.
– How utility companies seeking more efficient and cost-effective reliability have changed their maintenance focus from asset-repair to asset reliability and how that change is supporting their strategic corporate goals.
– How new technology facilitates the organized capture of data from various sources (processes, condition monitoring, operator inspections, etc.) and transforms that data into actionable knowledge about the health of critical assets.
– How utility organizations that have already selected and implemented computerized maintenance management systems can continue to leverage those investments to improve asset reliability.
– How to answer the question, “What maintenance work should we be doing and when?”
For more information, including the latest seminar schedule, visit http://www.ivara.com/markets/utilwebseminfo.html or call 1-877-746-3787, Ext. 312.