Toronto - Ontario is moving forward with two recommendations from the Jobs and Prosperity Council -- creating Global Exporter Forums and piloting a Commercialization and Innovation Voucher.
The new Global Exporter Forums will help Ontario companies gain access and expand into international markets where demand for exportable goods and services is rising. These forums will:
• Improve export expertise for Ontario's small and medium-sized enterprises
• Build awareness of opportunities in emerging markets
• Increase the number of potential exporters
• Increase the number of exporters targeting new markets
• Help expand and improve the export knowledge of Ontario's small and medium-sized enterprises.
The first Global Exporter Forum will highlight the Asia Pacific region, including markets in China, Japan, Korea, India and Southeast Asia.
Ontario will also be piloting a Commercialization and Innovation Voucher that will provide eligible small and medium-sized enterprises with resources to work with research institutions to address challenges and improve their productivity, performance and competitiveness.