Chicago, IL - The Boards of Directors of NIBA-The Belting Association and the Power Transmission Distributors Association (PTDA) are planning to get together for a joint annual conference. The NIBA/PTDA Joint Industry Summit is to be held in the fall of 2017.
The leaderships of both associations have dedicated much effort in designing a program that will continue to provide the exceptional experience already enjoyed at each organization’s current annual meeting, as well as bring enhanced benefits that are only possible through a joint conference. With the NIBA/PTDA Joint Industry Summit, members of both associations can look forward to:
• Enriched networking opportunities: NIBA and PTDA have been in existence for many years and have strong membership attendance at the annual meetings. A joint meeting will offer members more opportunities to connect with new people who have new ideas to share.
• Enhanced educational content: Securing top-calibre speakers with relevant content, providing takeaway value for all attendees at all management levels, is possible because of the combined budgets and volunteer expertise of both associations.
• Minimized conflicts and reduced multiple meeting attendance costs for shared members: One joint meeting will reduce time out of the office and costs (both registration and travel) for those companies that are members of NIBA and PTDA.
PTDA President Ken Miko, director of category management and strategic accounts for BDI of Cleveland, OH, believes the NIBA/PTDA Joint Industry Summit will bring membership innovative new ideas. “We set out to create an event that is truly a joint event -- that is, maximizing the opportunities for members of both associations to meet and discuss their businesses,” says Miko.
NIBA president Tom Wujek, executive vice-president and chief operating officer of Flexco, based in Downers Grove, IL, agrees. “We took the best practices from each organization’s annual meeting and crafted a conference that elevates networking and education to a whole new level,” he says.
The NIBA/PTDA Joint Industry Summit will:
• Focus on getting business done. Both associations pride themselves on hosting an annual meeting where the business of product-specific industrial distribution is the reason for attending. The compact schedule will offer opportunities for discussing business in both formal and informal settings.
• Increase the efficiency of doing business. One of the top advantages in attending the current NIBA Annual Convention and PTDA Industry Summit is the ability to meet with distributors and manufacturers in one location. With the combined attendance of both associations’ members, the NIBA/PTDA Joint Industry Summit amplifies this advantage by bringing more potential partners together.
• Combine the product focus of the NIBA Convention Expo with the management meetings of PTDA’s Manufacturer-Distributor Idea Exchange (MD-IDEX). Participants from every level of a member company’s management team -- from the CEO to the branch manager -- will derive value from this new hybrid experience.
• Offer each association a chance to highlight the programs and services developed to improve members’ business processes, training programs and business development initiatives.
A joint planning committee consisting of members from both associations -- supported by the staff of each association -- will be appointed to design the event.
The Power Transmission Distributors Association (PTDA) is the leading global association for the industrial power transmission/motion control (PT/MC) distribution channel. Headquartered in Chicago, PTDA represents power transmission/motion control distribution firms that generate more than $16 billion in sales and span over 3,400 locations. PTDA members also include manufacturers that supply the PT/MC industry. For more information, call 312-516-2100, visit ptda.org or follow the association at @PTDAorg.
NIBA-The Belting Association is a voluntary association of individuals and organizations who have joined together to further the interests of all fabricators, distributors and manufacturers of belting and related products. The mission of the association is to promote the common business interests of all distributor/fabricators and manufacturers of conveyor and flat power transmission belting and material that enhances/changes belt. For more information, visit niba.org, call 414-389-8606, or email email@example.com.