About the Power Transmission Handbook
First published in 1969 and recently updated, PTDA’s Power Transmission Handbook is the most comprehensive primer on the products, technology and concepts that move industry.
The information contained in the book is:
- an excellent primer for new inside/outside salespeople
- the go-to reference for more experienced employees
- an ideal resource to train customers on installation and maintenance
- a highly regarded secondary education textbook.
The publication has been formatted for ease of reading and features nearly 400 pages of vetted content, graphics and application examples.
Some chapter highlights:
- The Adjustable Speed Drives chapter covers new speed control technologies and the benefits they provide such as higher performance, reduced maintenance and greatly improved energy efficiency.
- The Bearings chapter includes a new section on linear bearings.
- The Clutches & Brakes chapter reflects increased market activity in the C-face clutches and brakes; recent developments in pneumatic actuation; and more information on common applications and usage.
- The Controls & Sensors chapter includes information on the new standards developed to help speed the development and implementation of these controls.
- The Conveyors & Components chapter introduces a new special unit handling section; additional content on plastic belts/chains in food and beverage applications with graphic support; and expanded content in the bucket elevator section.
- The Linear Motion chapter includes a new section covering electromechanical, stage, slide and table actuators.
- The Motors chapter is updated to include the new U.S. electric motor regulation mandated by the Energy Independence and Security Act.
The Power Transmission Distributors Association (PTDA) is the leading global association for the industrial power transmission/motion control (PT/MC) distribution channel. Headquartered in Chicago, Illinois, PTDA represents power transmission/motion control distribution firms that generate more than $16 billion in sales and span over 3,400 locations. PTDA members also include manufacturers that supply the PT/MC industry.
PTDA is dedicated to providing exceptional networking, targeted education, relevant information and leading-edge business tools to help distributors and manufacturers meet marketplace demands competitively and profitably. For more information, visit ptda.org.