Washington, DC – The American Bearing Manufacturers Association (ABMA) has announced that its continuing education program is launching a brand new webinar series in 2013. One of these is titled Using Industry Standards to Calculate Fatigue Life, and it takes place at 2 p.m. EDT, May 29, 2013. The webinar will provide an introduction to bearing fatigue life calculation as set forth in industry standards.
Moderated by Bimal Nathawani, application engineering manager at NSK Corporation, the webinar will present an overview of the relevant industry standards, explain fatigue failure mechanisms and define concepts such as dynamic equivalent load, dynamic load rating, and fatigue limit that are essential to understanding fatigue life calculations. The webinar will also address the basic life and modified life calculation methods described in ISO 281:2007.
The course will be instructed by Dave Sirrine, veteran application engineer from NSK Corporation, who has more than 20 years of experience in the bearing industry providing technical support for bearing users in a variety of industries, including mining, construction, gearbox, pumps, compressors, steel making and paper making.
Participants completing this webinar will be able to:
• Identify industry standards that govern bearing fatigue life calculation and related load ratings
• Understand the basic differences between the various fatigue life calculation methods explained in the industry standards
• Understand how dynamic load rating is used in fatigue life calculation and potential issues arising from use of this load rating for other purposes
• Understand important terminology used in fatigue life standards and the concepts they represent
• Perform basic bearing fatigue life calculations.
The ABMA member rate for the webinar is US$55; the non-member rateis $75. For more details and to register, visit http://www.americanbearings.org/?page=webinarseries.