Washington, DC — The Power Transmission Distributors Association (PTDA) elected a Canadian as its 2012 president at its Industry Summit in Washington, DC, on Oct. 14, 2011.
Mitch Bouchard, secretary-treasurer, General Bearing Service Inc., Ottawa, ON, was elected PTDA’s president for 2012, effective immediately. He succeeds David Mayer, vice-president, marketing, Kaman Industrial Technologies Corp., Windsor, CT.
Bouchard has been active in PTDA since 2005, when he joined the Technical Education Committee. He served on the Industry Summit Planning Committee and the Employee Development Committee before joining the PTDA Board of Directors in 2009.
“I’m excited to assume the role of president of the leading trade association in the power transmission/motion control industry,” said Bouchard. “The debut of a new strategic plan makes this an especially exciting time for PTDA.”
Joining Bouchard on the 2012 PTDA Board of Directors will be:
– First vice-president Christopher Bursack, director, marketing, Industrial Supply Co. Inc., Plymouth, MN
– Second vice-president Ken Miko, director, employment development and education, BDI, Cleveland, OH
– Treasurer Keith Nowak, president, MPT Drives Inc., Madison Heights, MI
– Immediate past president David Mayer.
Directors for the board include:
– Ajay Bajaj, president, Rotator Products Ltd., Woodbridge, ON
– LeRoy Burcroff, vice-president sales, Bearing Service Inc., Livonia, MI
– Thomas Clawser, sales and marketing manager, Brown Transmission & Bearing Co., Lancaster, PA
– Harold Dunaway, executive vice-president, finance and administration, Motion Industries Inc, Birmingham, AL
– Carlton Harvey, vice-president, industrial sales, Jamaica Bearings Co. Inc., New Hyde Park, NY
– Rick White, president and CEO, Flexco, Downers Grove, IL.
Manufacturer Council chairman elected
George Rizza, president, Rossi Gearmotor Division, Habasit America, Suwanee, GA, assumes the duties of the PTDA Manufacturer Council chair in 2012, succeeding Pamela Kan, president, Bishop-Wisecarver Corp., Pittsburg, CA. Rizza joined the Marketing Committee in 2006 and was elected to the Manufacturer Council in 2007.
“I’m deeply honored to be part of the PTDA leadership, especially as the association rolls out its new ‘focused and forward’ strategic plan,” said Rizza. “I am happy to act as a voice for manufacturers of all sizes in the coming year.”
Joining Rizza on the Manufacturer Council for 2012 will be: vice-chair Cliff Bannon, national sales manager, Climax Metal Products Company, Wickliffe, OH, and immediate past chair Pamela Kan. Council members include:
– Michael W. Dolpp, vice-president sales Americas, Thomson Industries, Amherst, NY
– Sean Hickey, president, Lafert North America, Mississauga, ON
– Brian Kolman, vice-president, Brewer Machine & Gear Co., St. Louis, MO
– Don Lanser, director, industrial marketing, industrial motors and systems, U.S. Motors/Nidec Motor Corp., St. Louis, MO
– Tony Martell, vice-president and general manager, aftermarket business unit, NSK Corp., Ann Arbor, MI
– Kevin Powers, president, US Tsubaki Power Transmission LLC, UST, Wheeling, IL
– Craig Schuele, vice-president, marketing and business development, Altra Industrial Motion, Braintree, MA.
For more information, visit www.ptda.org.