Saskatoon, SK – An information session scheduled for Jan. 20, 2011, aims to obtain feedback to gauge the interest and feasibility of the Plant Engineering and Maintenance Associaiton of Canada (PEMAC) Maintenance Management Professional (MMP) certification program being delivered in Saskatchewan by the University of Saskatchewan.
PEMAC is a national association providing global leadership, education and certification in maintenance, reliability and physical asset management practices.
The UoS Centre for Continuing & Distance Education (CCDE) department has been providing credit and non-credit programs through a variety of delivery methods to individuals, organizations and corporations for over 100 years.
The information session, to which all interested parties are invited, takes place from 8:00 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. and includes breakfast. It will be held in the South Dining Room of Park Town Hotel in Saskatoon. A reservation is requested by Thursday, Jan. 13, 2011.
The session will provide an overview of the program and the eight modules required for certificate completion. The program, developed by PEMAC, is currently delivered across Canada through many postsecondary institutes. The CCDE would like to partner with PEMAC to make this training available in Saskatchewan.
Presenters will include Brian Malloch, MMP, president of PEMAC, and Cindy Snedden, P.Eng., PEMAC’s MMP program manager.
The Maintenance Management Professional Certification Program is designed specifically for:
- Personnel responsible for maintaining the physical assets of their businesses
- Personnel responsible for ensuring effective capacity, reliability, economic life cycle, safety and environmental compliancy
- Participants aspiring to maintenance and reliability management and supervisory positions
- Participants employed in maintenance management position requiring formal training, accreditation, professional and national recognition, and
- Participants requiring focused training in a particular MPP module.
For more information or to confirm your attendance, contact Jill Turner, program manager, at 306-966-1382 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.