Brussels, Belgium — Following the 2010 Annual Business Meeting of members at its 2010 Annual Convention, the European Power Transmission Association (EPTDA) announced the appointment of its new board of directors for 2011-2012.
The Board of Directors is composed of the president, the vice-president, the secretary-treasurer, the immediate past president, the chair of the Manufacturer Council and members at large, as follows:
• David Harrow, president; managing director, Godiva Bearings, UK
• Meino Noordenbos, vice-president; managing director, Biesheuvel Group B.V., The Netherlands
• Manfred Beitel, immediate past president; managing director, WLB Antriebselemente Handels GmbH, Germany
• Jos Beneker, Manufacturer Council chair; sales manager Europe, David Brown Benzlers, The Netherlands
• David Bassas, secretary-treasurer; vice-CEO, Tecnotrans Bonfiglioli S.A., Spain
• Mustafa Özkara, board member at large; president, Bilya-Sanayi TIC. LTD. STI. , Turkey
• Lars Akerberg, board member at large; chairman, Nomo Kullager AB, Sweden
• Dick Winkelhuis, board member at large; president, Spruit Transmissies BV, The Netherlands
• Christian Collignon, board member at large; director, IPH-Orexad, France
• Roberto Cugnaschi, board member at large; vice-general manager, Mondial S.P.A., Italy.
The EPTDA’s board of directors is assigned with the following tasks: to determine the general direction and policies of the association, constitute the governing body of the association, serve as trustee for all properties and funds, establish a strategic plan, ensure support for the association throughout the industry, promote the brand values of the EPTDA and to enhance brand awareness.
Commenting on his appointment as the president of the EPTDA, Harrow said: “I feel honoured to be appointed as the 2011 president of a leading organization like the EPTDA. I have been part of the association since 2003 and have seen it grow to 190 members today. Our mission is to advance distribution and strengthen members to be successful, profitable and competitive in a changing market environment. Together with the support of our new board of directors and past leaders, I would like to [assure] all our members and potential members that we will continue our commitment to creating new venues of personal and business development [for them] and support the growth of the power transmission and motion control industry promoting the highest ethical standards.”
Harrow will serve in the position of president for one year, until September-October 2011.
EPTDA is the largest organization of distributors and manufacturers of power transmission and motion control products in Europe. It represents nearly 200 companies of the industry.
To join the EPTDA and better understand how it adds value to the power transmission and motion control industry, and for details on past and upcoming events, visit www.eptda.org.
For additional information, contact: Hans Hanegreefs, executive vice-president, at email@example.com, tel. +32 2 709 22 12.