Inglewood, ON — A new industry association, the Pressure Equipment Manufacturers of Canada (PEMoC), has been formed to provide a voice for small Canadian manufacturers of pressure equipment.
The organization was established to promote the interests of the many small companies who manufacture a wide range of equipment operating under pressure, including: pressure vessels, heat exchangers, boilers, piping, and various fittings for end users in chemical, oil, gas, power, and general industrial applications.
Manufacturers of pressure equipment require highly skilled welders who are in short supply throughout Canada — as well as most of the industrialized world. Small manufacturers have a particularly difficult time developing and retaining these essential skills. To try and address these types of issues the mandate of PEMoC is to:
– Help facilitate access to apprenticeship and other programs
– Provide a voice to various levels of government
– Challenge the existing inter-provincial trade barriers that increase operating costs
– Challenge the regulatory system that hampers profitability and growth
– Provide a forum for communication between small companies to share common problems and strategize on possible solutions.
For membership or other information please contact: Walter Widla, P.Eng., 905-838-4555 ext. 306, email@example.com.